Philosophy of Care
- As an integral part of our Maronite Christian Heritage we believe that each person is created in the image of God and that caring relationships are vital to health and healing.
- We understand that caring relationships must embrace mutual problem solving, attentive reassurance, human respect, encouragement, a culture of inclusion, a healing environment, basic human needs, and appreciation for those in our care and their family needs.
- We strive to provide a caring, safe, and family centred environment.
- Our work is a collaborative team effort striving to continuously improve the health and wellbeing of ourselves, those in our care, and the broader community.
- Our commitment is to deliver compassionate, holistic care in a competent, ethical, and caring manner, respecting the expressed wishes those in our care and their extended families.
- Our Care Team is a valued resource and we are committed to professional growth through lifelong learning and research, evidence-based practice and quality improvement in the delivery of our care. Quality of lifestyle and care outcomes is the responsibility of our Board and every employee.
- The ability of those in our care to celebrate their lifetime achievements with pride, feel contentment, maintain optimal independence and remain fully connected with their family and cultural heritage, is a measure of our success.
- Those in our care are encouraged to freely communicate their choices, with assurance that their personal values, morals, dignity and choices are acknowledged and respected.