Do I need to sell my house to get into permanent Residential Aged Care?

Whilst this choice may be suitable in many cases, it is essential to be aware of rules that may apply to the sale of your house, and how this will affect your assessments before entering a permanent Residential Aged Care home. The full value of your house will not be included in the assessment of your assets if you keep it. For the purpose of Aged Care, your house is assessed at a capped amount unless a protected person, such as your partner, lives there. It is important to know that the sale of your house may be assessed for Capital Gains Tax.
For more information regarding important questions to consider before selling your house, visit